Monday, October 20, 2008

Looking forward to Moto-I!

From their website (http://www.moto-i.com/)

What is moto-i
moto-i is the first sake brewery restaurant outside of Japan. Located in Uptown, Minneapolis, moto-i is a full service restaurant with liquor, beer, wine and, of course, sake! moto-i makes draft sake or namazake. Nama is unpasteurized, and needs plenty of care as it can never get warm.
Our menu is reminiscent of an Izakaya, a Japanese Pub. With small plates as well as noodles and rice dishes, we incorporate many Asian ethnicities and keep the focus on street food of the best Asian Hawkers.


This is obviously very exciting news!

5 comments:

etsuko said...

They did it! Their sake looks great!

David said...

And it IS great! I was their last night.

Valerie said...

I was there for the first time last night too! I didn't eat, but I was really happy with the 3 sakes. The atmosphere was great too, very lively. I couldn't believe how many people were there late on a Wednesday night!

gretchgg said...

Moto-I looks like a place I would try next time I am in the midwest however I am wondering how they claim that they are the first Sake Brewery outside of Japan. I live in Oregon and just down the road is a sake brewery. In 1998 it was the world's only American-owned-and-operated sakéry.

http://www.sakeone.com/sakeone/page/background.jsp

I can't wait to see if I enjoy Moto-I as much as I do Sake'One. I think I will postpone my visit until after all that Mn. cold weather has passed.

Valerie said...

Hi gretchgg, thanks for the comment. I think the distinction is that moto-i is a restaurant/brewery. It really is a unique place and I think you'll enjoy it...but it's still winter here! I don't blame you for wanting to wait a bit!